Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HP B9180 printer.

I finally did it. I ordered a new photo printer that is actually a "pro"ish model. I have been relying on POD companies to do most of my printing and realized that I'm not printing a large portion of the shots I take that I like. I just got back into photography last year and only have one framed and matted photo of mine in my house. Now granted other people have them, but I don't. So I did some research and came up with the HP B9180. I looked at a few models and this one seemed to come out in the price range and functions that I was looking for. Pigment, 13x19, good results, ink usage, cost, and a few other things. Speed is not a big deal to me right now being that this is a hobby. If I ever go full pro, then I'll reconsider. The new Epson 1900 was tempting but the extremely small ink cartridges is what threw me off. The Cannon 9500 was a bit out of my price range but I did like it. I read of a few issues people had with the B9180 but most of those were after its release.

It should be here on Friday in time for me to spend all weekend screwing around with it.

No comments: