Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Damn you Nikon!!!

I'll admit it. I'm in photography because I love taking pictures. I love capturing moments, grabbing shots of abstract things and recording natures beauty. But I'm also a total gear dork. Today Nikon racheted up the Techno-desire with 4 announcements. All of which I have a desire for.

The D700 is a new Full Frame digital camera that fits between the D300 which I own, and the D3 which I want. It's tempting because of some nice new features especially the FX sensor that will allow higher ISOs with lower noise. But the $3,000.oo price tag will probably keep this out of my range for a while. Plus that money is probably better spent on new glass as my D300 is really nice.

That doesn't change the gear geek want factor. Not even a little.

Next is the new SB900 flash. This is something I'll probably pick up this year. I've been looking at getting another SB800 and now that the SB900 is announced and all the nice features there's no question on which one to get.

The two new PC lenses look cool. Nikon now offers 4 PC lenses covering a range from 24mm to 85mm. I'm not sure which one(s) of these I would use the most but I am interested in getting one for sure.

Oh well. More stuff I can't afford.

No comments: