Wednesday, May 28, 2008

D300 repair updated.

Well I spoke with Nikon yesterday. They received the camera on the 19th and it has been in "estimate accepted" status since then. I called yesterday to find out what was going on. The cust serv. representative said he'd look into it and make sure they got the camera in shop asap.

I called back today to see what had happened and another rep said that it was fixed and should be shipping out today. The page still says estimate accepted, but the rep assures me that it sometimes takes a little bit for it to be updated.

If I get it back by the weekend that will be a two week (ten working days) day turn around. Not too bad really. I had heard horror stories of months from Nikon with some repairs. This is assuming that I actually get it by Friday.

I think I'll send the D70s off for a cleaning and a repair on the remote cord port next. Then the d70s is being converted to Infrared.

No comments: